Monday, March 2, 2015

Greyhouse Coffee & Supply co

I'm back at it. Back at writing you sweet stuffs and what not!
 Today is those kind of days where the snow is melting and everybody's just having that cranky faces over wet pair of shoes, or boots. Yeah, we'll never figure out West Lafayette's weather. It says Spring semester, but in most days students bundle themselves up with bubble jacket, cause temperature is freezing down to -15C. Good thing they have this warm and cozy coffee shop near campus, Greyhouse Coffee & Supply.

I say this is not just a regular coffee shop. It has some savory meals that are mouth watering, creative gelatos like bacon gelato and cereal gelato, entremets, pastries, teas and coffee of course. 










Today, I tried the Idaho Dream. This is one of their signature savory crepes, stuffed with roasted rosemary potatoes, kale chips, sauteed leek, Prairie Breeze bechamel, garnished with creme fraiche. I just love how they serve the crepes on a plate, instead of the triangle paper box. It looks pretty, and pretty stuffed. When you see the picture below, you'll see green stuffs sprinkled on top of the creme fraiche on the crepe. 



Yes, it's the kale chips!
Kale is kind of popular now because of its lowering-cholesterol properties. Thanks to the nutrition class that I took last semester I got to absorb this info. The kale chips that I had in this crepe were really good!! They had this salty taste on the front, and as you chew them down they have this umami seaweed kind of flavor paired with the crunchy texture. I really think the kale chips made a tasty combo with the soft roasted rosemary potatoes and the smooth creamy bechamel sauce.



The crepe costs $7.95 before tax, and you can add smoked garlic sausage for extra 2 bucks. I did not try the added sausage, but it sounds really good. I will definitely go back here. Love the coffee shop atmosphere, love the smell of coffee and love the background sound of people talking. Suits me well! 

Greyhouse Coffee & Supply
100 Northwestern Ave,
West Lafayette,
IN 47906



No comments:

Post a Comment